Students & Families
Family support is critically important to the development of life long learners. We encourage parents and caregivers to take an active role in their student's education and offer the following suggestions as ways to help support your student's educational journey:
- Acquire your clearances so that you may be an active volunteer.
- Provide a time and place to study.
- Provide strong, consistent discipline at home. Children need to know their parents have firm, fair rules that will be enforced and the reasons for these rules.
- Discuss appropriate goals with children and help them attain these goals. Assigning jobs at home helps a child learn responsibility and self-discipline.
- Take an active interest in your child’s school and extracurricular activities.
- Participate in parent organizations.
- Cooperate with the school by knowing school rules and encouraging children to respect them.
- Encourage good behavior by showing interest and giving praise. Discipline includes rewarding good behavior, not just punishing bad behavior.
- Have a positive attitude about school work and education in general. Children usually reflect their parents’ attitudes and values.
- Foster a partnership with your child’s school. Call the school if you are concerned about a problem at school or home.